1. Fight for climate justice at Fossil Fuels and Toxic Landscapes and learn how the struggle for environmental rights reaches beyond just global warming. (Monday, Verso Books, FREE)
2. Grab your partner (or fly solo) to Pairs ‘N Chairs, a variety show bursting with comedians, musicians, and drag performers. (Monday, Pine Box Rock Shop, $5)
3. Test your movie knowledge at Oscar Trivia Night with five different Academy Awards topics and the opportunity to win free drinks and prizes. (Tuesday, Syndicated Bar, FREE)
4. Find out what’s in a name at That Was Fantastic, Amy Zimmer’s variety show, returning with Ayo Edebiri, Francesca D’Uva, Kenice Mobley, and more performers. (Tuesday, New Women Space, $8)
5. Revel in masquerade fun at Purim: Night of a Thousand Faces, the only Purim celebration to include not only a good old fashioned Hora chair dance, but aerialists, Shiksa go-go performers, and tons more. (Wednesday, House of Yes, FREE before 11 with RSVP)
6. Have all the laughs at New Greta Has Friends with an all-star lineup of standup comedians to inspire an improvisational set. (Wednesday, Vital Joint, $5)
7. Send in the clowns at Cirque du So Weird: Peepshow, a wild, sexy variety and burlesque event featuring Vonka, Misc Allaneous, Dickie Smalls and more acts that’ll clown around. (Thursday, Gemini and Scorpio Loft, $20)
8. Get behind this: Everything is Terrible presents The Great Satan, a mashup experience curated from hundreds of satanic panic and religious videos attacking the Devil himself. (Thursday, The Bell House, $20)
9. Feed your dreams at Lights Out, a multimedia dance performance that explores your nocturnal feelings. (Fri-Sat, The Actors Fund Art Center, $10)
10. Hear what happens when a computer music pioneer, contemporary composer and multi-instrumentalist, and visual artist meet for the first time when Carl Stone, Ned Rothenberg, and Ami Yamasaki perform. (Friday, ISSUE Project Room, $15)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply