1. Charge up your Power Glove for Totally ’90s Trivia Hacks the Mainframe and dive into all things technology: computers, video games, cyber punks, plus a “Hackers” screening before trivia. (Monday, The Way Station, FREE)
2. Embrace the avant-garde at Classic Experimental Films with Live Accompaniment, where The Flushing Remonstrance play an original live accompaniment to a selection of classic experimental short films. (Monday, Pine Box Rock Shop, FREE)
3. Keep rallying after the Women’s March at the North Brooklyn DSA Branch Meeting, where a discussion will be held regarding tenant organizing and how to do it in your own apartment building. (Tuesday, Mayday Space, FREE)
4. Prepare yourself for 2 Girlz 1 Hotdog, where two girls mount an inflatable hot dog and, between kissing, perform a series of bizarre prompts. (Tues-Wed, The Glove, $10)
5. See what’s in store for straphangers at the Canarsie Tunnel Open House and take the opportunity to grill the MTA and NYC DOT on the orgs’ plans for the 15-month L train shutdown, beginning next April. (Wednesday, Progress High School For Professional Careers, FREE)
6. Save some dough at Tax Tips for Freelancers. For those who are self-employed, receive 1099s, or file a Schedule C, this class is for you to save on your taxes. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Cooperative Federal Credit Union, FREE)
7. Tell me how to get to comedy street for Puppets Present: A Stand-Up Comedy Show, where comedians interact with puppets after their sets. It’s like if Sesame Street grew up and got weird. (Thursday, Littlefield, $10)
8. Hone your art skills at Playing With Shadows for two sessions of drinking and drawing a semi-clothed model in a relaxed social atmosphere. (Thursday, Naive, $15)
9. Learn some Brooklyn history at East New York Film Series: My Brooklyn, telling the story of the “takeover of Downtown Brooklyn”, followed by a panel with organizers and community leaders. (Friday, North Brooklyn YMCA, FREE)
10. Have Friday night plans that are Better Than Your Bed where comedians bring you laughs, music, and original characters. Featuring Peter Smith, Dina Hashem, and Ja-Ron Young, among others. (Friday, Legion Bar, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply