1. Vote for a winner at Pulitzer Surprises, where comedians perform their submission for a Pulitzer and the audience decides on the best for actual submission and then interview a real-life Pulitzer Prize winner. (Monday, Union Hall, $8)
2. Say your hallelujahs with Reverend Vince Anderson and the Love Choir, a Brooklyn staple on Monday nights with his combination of dirty gospel and good vibes. (Monday, Union Pool, FREE)
3. Discuss how women run the world at The Future of Feminism, where Jezebel editor-in-chief Koa Beck and writer Ashley C. Ford discuss contemporary feminism’s intersection with other social justice movements. (Tuesday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $5)
4. See Homestar Punner and Punky Brewster return to the Punderdome after a few month hiatus, with all the best and groan-worthiest puns around. (Tuesday, Littlefield, $10)
5. Be inspired by one of the greats at An Evening with Neil Gaiman, author of more than 20 books including American Gods, who talks to On the Media’s Brooke Gladstone about his work and creative process. (Wednesday, BAM, $30)
6. Get cultured at Slate’s Culture Gabfest: 10th Anniversary Edition with discussions on today’s most compelling cultural happenings as well as a commemoration of a decade of witty rapport, insightful musings, and rigorous entertainment analysis. (Wednesday, The Bell House, $20)
7. Laugh out loud at Up N’ Coming with comedy musical duo The Reformed Whores plus Shalewa Sharpe, Alex English and George Gordon. (Thursday, Cobra Club, FREE)
8. Can you tell me how to get to I Love Living in the City: A Punk Drag Tribute to Sesame Street, where your favorite Sesame Street monsters will be reimagined in drag performances. (Thursday, Friends & Lovers, $10)
9. Submit to serenades from Choirfly, a nerd-themed a cappella group whose lyrics are full of comic books, video games, sci-fi, and most likely puns. (Friday, The Way Station, FREE)
10. Bring out your inner artist at Juxtapoz Spring 2018 Issue Release Party where, alongside the issue release, will be a group show featuring friends of Juxtapoz including Jillian Evelyn, Lolo YS, Alex Yanes, and more. (Friday, Superchief Gallery, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply