1. Start your week off laughing at the reliably funny Side Ponytail Comedy Show, featuring Giulia Rozzi, Ryan Schutt, Ian Aber, Christi Chiello, and Nina Manni. (Monday, Over the Eight, FREE)
2. Find yourself a new boozy game at the Brooklyn Brewskee-Ball Fall Kickoff, with two hours of open bar, free skee-ball all night, a Funnest Flannel Shirt Contest, and more. (Monday, Full Circle Bar, FREE)
3. It’s sill warm enough for outdoor movies! Head to Dumbo for a screening of ’80s classic Krush Groove, starring Sheila E, Run-DMC, and more, with a dance party before the film. (Tuesday, Dumbo Archway, FREE)
4. If you like your beer with bite, get to the Brooklyn Sour Beer Fest, featuring different styles of sour brews from Brooklyn and Queens, plus one outlier from Long Island. (Tuesday, Glorietta Baldy, FREE)
5. See a slew of unique perspectives on this city at the opening of Photoville 2016: Battle of the Boroughs, featuring work by a half-dozen photographers per borough. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Bridge Park, FREE)
6. Try a new twist on the old “drink & draw” formula at Drink & Drawbots, where instead of making pictures, you’ll be creating bots to do the drawing for you. Ticket price includes unlimited drinks. (Wednesday, Open Source Gallery, $20)
7. Go through the looking glass at brooklyn theatre club’s Welcome Alice, an unusual production of Alice in Wonderland where the audience is cast as Alice. It promises to be “part musical theatre, part drunken singalong, and all fun.” (Thursday, Muchmore’s, $15)
8. Shine like the star you are at the first-ever Bushwick’s Got Talent, with celebrity judges, fake buzzers, and real prizes, including $500 and a bright red bike. (Thursday, House of Yes, $15)
9. Listen to some lovely tales at Summer Stories — this month’s theme is “back to school” and the night’s raconteurs include Meghan Ross, Alyssa Limperis, Pat Regan, Ian Adams, and Sydnee Washington. (Friday, City Reliquary, $5)
10. Dance and scream out all your angst at Emo Night Bk, a massive singalong to all the best of early-2000s emo & pop-punk tunes. (Friday, Bell House, $10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!