The art world is constantly in flux, and New York is perhaps the most representative sampling of its changing humors. With all our alt-comedy, off-off-off Broadway performance art and hipster infamy, the city acts as a creative hub for free expression of all kinds — even the kind that supports Donald Trump.
A pro-Trump art show is coming to Williamsburg this Saturday, curated by conservative “mouthpiece” Lucian Wintrich (who also founded the #Twinks4Trump movement earlier this year). If Wintrich’s Indiegogo fundraising video for the exhibition isn’t enough to make you scream, please enjoy the gallery exhibition’s title: #DaddyWillSaveUs.
What could a pro-Trump art show possibly look like? It’s hard to imagine, what with its allegiance to an orange-haired bigot who endeavors to suppress human, let alone creative, freedoms. It’s a head scratcher al(t-)right, but Brokelyn’s artists-in-residence did the heavy thinking for you and came up with this list of 10 art pieces you can expect to see at Wintrich’s show this Saturday.
– An immersive retelling of the three little pigs where Donald is the Big Bad Wolf and all the pigs are Rosie O’Donnell.
– A portrait of Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office wearing a blue dress and covered in semen with the caption “The thing I will not bring up about Hillary because I am too classy and have too much respect for Chelsea Clinton.”
– A sculpture glorifying Trumps’s hands with a plaque that states *actual size.
– An enlarged photo of Gary Busey giving a thumbs up while wearing a shirt that depicts the image of Trump giving a thumbs up while eating the taco bowl on Cinco De Mayo.
– The Greenhouse Gas emissions counter, stolen from outside Penn Station and re-installed, now titled “My polling numbers, or: Lies from China”
– Animatronic life-size dolls of the Freedom Kids performing the “Donald Trump Jam” à la Disney’s “It’s a Small World After All” at the entrance.
– An artist statement from Trump: he’s working on a new form of Cubism. It doesn’t try to show multiple perspectives, but instead tells you that everything you’re perceiving about the piece is actually wrong. He calls it Gas-Chiaroscuro.
– A small, empty movie theater with Shia Laboeuf inside watching just The Little Rascals and Home Alone 2.
– Just this, actually, donated by the Trump estate.
Thanks to Brokelyn’s resident art experts Conal Darcy, Eric Silver, Bobby Hankinson, Sam Weiss and Hope Morawa.
[h/t Paper Mag]
Leave a Reply
One Response to
Imagine if there were an island of Scientologists — people who excommunicate each other for leaving, act in a cult-like fashion, don’t believe in modern medicine — and they were causing murderous havoc wherever they moved. Would it be ok to ban them for a while until we figured out how to not get the murderous ones in the US?
Ok. But when it’s Islam it’s a huge problem. It’s as if east-coasters are okay judging religions made up of white people, but not non-whites… hmmmmmm…..
What would get you in trouble at university? An essay criticizing Christianity, or one criticizing Islam?
-a black guy