It’s not a bad idea to build up your holiday karma before you inevitably lose points for messing with your siblings. Look no further than the Fifth Annual Big Brooklyn Holiday Toy Drive! The drive began five years ago to collect toys for kids affected by Hurricane Sandy; since then, it’s collected and distributed more than 20,000 toys to local kids during the holiday season. The drive accepts new, unwrapped toys as well as financial donations — tax deductible, since the drive is being offered in partnership with a 501(c)-3 nonprofit, NYCTogether.
Got stuff to donate? Great! It’s easy. You can drop off while getting coffee or grabbing a bottle of wine. There are drop-off boxes at all of the following businesses:
– Dandelion Wine (153 Franklin St.), Greenpoint
Mon-Sat 12pm-11pm, Sun 12pm-9pm
– Flying Squirrel Toys (87 Oak St.), Greenpoint
Mon-Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 11am-6pm
– The office of Assemblyman Joe Lentol (619 Lorimer St.), Williamsburg
Regular business hours Mon-Fri
– Brooklyn Roasting Company (25 Jay St.), Dumbo
– Two Trees (45 Main St. #602), Dumbo
Mon-Thu 8am-6pm, Fri 9am-5pm
– Animal Kind Veterinarian Hospital (365 7th Ave.), Park Slope
Mon-Fri 7:15am-10pm, Sat-Sun 9am-10pm
More locations TBA, so if you don’t see anything near you, stay tuned! The toys collected this year will be donated to the NYPD’s Blue Christmas program, as well as the Grand Street Boys Association in Greenpoint.
Leave a Reply