Give me a B! Give me an R! Give me a chance to shake it in a skimpy sparkly costume in the Barclays Center? Check.
In case you miss your old middle school cheerleading days, or if you missed out on the spirit squad all together, your chance to break out your spirit fingers and relive teenage glory has arrived. because The Brooklynettes, the Nets’ dance squad, are holding open auditions this month.
The chance to audition to fire up the crowds at every Nets home game will go down on Saturday, June 28 at 11am at the Arnold and Marie Schwartz Center on the LIU Brooklyn campus (1 University Plaza). Registration begins at 10am, so don’t stay out too late the night before.
For dancers looking to gain an extra edge, you can hit up a couple of intensive auditions, featuring actual Brooklynettes routines, and audition tips from members of the dance team and the Brooklynettes coach, Adar Wellington. Oh, and you get a Brooklynettes tank top. We’d go just for the free tank top.
Session I will be a hip hop session and held on Tuesday, June 10 from 6:30pm – 9:30pm at the Barclays Center, and Session II will be a street jazz session and held on Monday, June 23 from 6:30pm – 9:30pm at LIU Brooklyn.
Just keep these audition requirements in mind, because you’d hate to lose out on a spot for screwing that part up:
* Dancers must be 18 or older and have extensive dance training in hip hop and jazz styles.
* Tumbling skills are a plus, but not required.
* Wear two-piece attire and non-marking sneakers.
* Arrive in glamorous, performance-ready hair and makeup.
* Select dancers will be invited to attend a callback audition on June 29 at Barclays Center.
* Finalists must be available the evenings of June 30 and July 1.
Oh, and of course, know how to keep people’s spirits up…