Today is a rainy mess, sure, but it’s also Art Museum Day, which means free or reduced admission to lots of museums in the city (and across the nation), and waltzing into a museum for free is a pretty nice way to spend a rainy day. It’s the second year the Association of Art Museum Directors has organized the Art Museum Day, and today is also International Museum Day, which this year is focusing on the theme Museum and Memory. Participants in today’s discount include the Brooklyn Museum and MOMA. See a full list below, via WNYC:
- The American Folk Art Museum offers free admission and a 10 percent discount to items purchased at the museum store.
- Admission to the Bronx Museum is free on Wednesday.
- Tickets to the Brooklyn Museum are two for one on Wednesday.
- When you buy one ticket to the Guggenheim Museum, your second ticket will be half-price.
- Entry to the Museum of Arts and Design is free.
- The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) offers half-priced general admission tickets if you purchase them online.
- The Morgan Library and Museum offers half-priced general admission tickets on Wednesday.
- Tickets to the Studio Museum in Harlem are free on Wednesday, as is a tour of spring exhibition highlights.
- When you buy one ticket to the Whitney Museum of American Art, your second ticket will be half-price.