- This event has passed.
Chow x Judaism
Dec 21, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
This holiday season, we wonder: Did Jews discover Chinese food on Christmas, or did Chinese restaurants discover Jewish customers?
Join MOFAD and special guests in this immersive culinary and cultural experience to learn more about how these two communities found a seat at the same table. Visitors will explore this rich topic through comedy and lively conversations, and gain insight into the ways in which the migrations of global communities influenced what is now an annual tradition in New York City and throughout the nation.
What to expect:
• Live Chef Demo by Chef Julie Cole (Operations Manager & Chef, Nom Wah Tea Parlor) and tastings prepared by MOFAD’s executive chef
• Engaging Presentation by Rabbi Joshua Eli Plaut (Author, A Kosher Christmas: ‘Tis the Season to Be Jewish)
• “Speed Dialogues” facilitated by comedians Mic Nguyen and Fumi Abe (Co-Hosts, Asian Not Asian podcast)
• Complimentary beer provided by Brooklyn Brewery
• A Kosher Chinese Night Market featuring small bites and Kosher wines
America boasts a culturally and ethnically diverse population, which gives way to amazing hybrids in an evolving culinary landscape. Be part of this phenomenal after-hours event, including a lively conversation kicked off by a hilariously irreverent comedy set and unexpected food and beverage pairings.
Doors open at 6:30 pm. Last call at 8:30. Tickets include museum admission, light bites prepared by MOFAD’s executive chef and other guests in our Culinary Studio and Kosher Chinese Night Market , and Brooklyn Brewery beer. Ages 21 and over. This program is part of our Chow x series.