Here’s the reaction from the various corners of Team Brokelyn after the news broke this week that the discount retailer is closing all 19 New York City stores:
• “NOOOOO! That place was the shit. Too soon after Filene’s.” — Rachel Eve S.
• “Oh god. Betsey Johnson. Built by Wendy too. Argh, what’s next? Nobody better touch DSW.” — Marti
• “I will go clinically insane if anybody even tries to shut down Marshall’s or TJ Maxx.” — Rachel D.
• “My mother will as well. In retrospect, the last five years have been disappointing.” — Sarah G.
• “Well, that will be a big sale!” — Meredith
• “I don’t even know what Daffy’s is.” — Kate
I for one will miss their tights and kids’ shoes. Beyond that, I stopped in often but rarely scored. And the lines were ridiculous, almost always. So where did/does Daffy’s rate in your personal discount store cosmology, vis a vis Century 21-Loehmann’s-TJ Maxx-Marshall’s? Do you shop there? What was your biggest score? And will you guys please check out Fox’s in Midwood someday? Seriously.