1. Don’t you worry ’bout a thing: Start your week off grooving at Wonder, a Stevie Wonder tribute with performances by more than 20 musicians. (Monday, C’mon Everybody, $10)
2. Or start it off laughing at the two-year anniversary of Comedyology, a comedy show for cinema lovers, with standup, movie debates, and trailer trash-talking from Mark Normand, Blair Socci, Tim Dillon, and Matt Ruby. (Monday, Videology, FREE)
3. Laissez les bon temps rouler! Celebrate Mardi Gras with great brass bands: Stumblebum Brass Band is playing Little Cinema’s immersive party at House of Yes, Hungry March Band will rock The Bell House, and Dirty Water Dogs are coming to Bar Chord. (Tuesday, varies)
4. Or start your Valentine’s celebrations early with the Society for the Advancement of Social Studies’ fourth annual Sexy History Night, with lectures on pulling out, mail-order erotica, and the history of VD. (Tuesday, The Bedford, FREE)
5. Help your pals find love at Jo Firestone’s Friends of Single People, the live dating game where each contestant is represented onstage by a buddy. (Wednesday, Littlefield, $5)
6. Watch some gals get a little weird at the performance series Am I Write, Ladies?: Love and Other Blood, featuring poetry, burlesque, robot theater, a strongwoman, a ukelele, and more. (Wednesday, Over the Eight, $5–$10 suggested)
7. Learn about booze while drinking booze at The Brooklyn Cocktail: A History, a panel discussion with bartenders, a drinks correspondent, and a historic gastronomist. (Thursday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $12)
8. Don’t be a dewdropper; learn about Jazz Age suffragism and sexual politics at The Flapper Revolution, an illustrated lecture on everybody’s favorite historical hotsy-totsies. (Thursday, Morbid Anatomy Museum, $8)
9. Get hip at the premier screening of The Black Crook, starring a French rapper and an electronic dance champion and featuring 3D-printed costume jewelry by Holy Faya. There will also be jewelry on display, hors d’oeuvres, a 3D-printing demo, and tunes by DJ Lavish Rebellion. (Friday, The Chimney, FREE)
10. Don’t get too sloshed to score a triple-word at Scrabble & Sazeracs, presented by Widow Jane Bourbon and Cacao Prieto. Highest score of the night takes home a free bottle. (Friday, Botanica Bar Brooklyn, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar here, and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!