Sunday is a big day for people of a certain faith. Who look to great books to answer their questions about life, human nature and moral ways to act. What? No, what’s Easter? We were talking about it being a day that three cult television shows air on the same day, two of them at the same time even. Game of Thrones and Doctor Who kick off their long-awaited new seasons Sunday (Doctor Who premieres Saturday for you fancy lads with cable, but the party is Sunday), while third season of The Walking Dead shambles to its season finale, with all the related clifhanging and shocks that go along with it. And if you don’t have a TV, you’re missing out. Or are you? Here a few spots that will get you your fix of either time traveling, bloody court intrigue or zombies, depending on what you want. (more…)
1. Arts group nuMad has a bunch of their work to show off, and they’re so excited about it that they’re having a party (Friday)
2. Rock and roll wild men Wild Yaks help rock a packed bill at Living Bread (Friday)
3. See the dead baseball legends buried at Green-Wood Cemetery. Hopefully while you’re there Hell doesn’t run out of room and the dead start walking the Earth (Saturday) (more…)
1. Public Assembly is hosting some poetry, and according to the organizers, the world will never be the same. Bold statement (Monday)
2. Go wish a happy tenth birthday to The Believer. Don’t forget to bring a gift, that’s an age where there’s still tears if they don’t get their way (Monday)
Either you really do believe Lena Dunham (center, above) is the voice of our generation, or you’re one of her peers who regards her with an “unstable blend of worship, envy, and disdain,” tuning in in case her show flops (against all media predictions); or in all sincerity, you’re banking on this one being the Great Brooklyn Hope after the disappointments of CBS’s 2 Broke Girls and MTV’s I Just Want My Pants Back, oh, and HBO’s last try with How to Make it in America. Whatever the reason, you’re determined to watch HBO’s Girls when it debuts Sunday, April 15, 10:30 E.S.T. Ironically, the show that just might capture what it’s really like to be young, broke and hapless in BK, airs on a channel you can’t afford. (more…)
Keep In Touch
"Going tomorrow. I plan to take some great pictures. Can't wait"
"i dont get it"
"i like the hipsters deserve to die anti-smoking ads"
"That'll really taint this bar's reputation"