- This event has passed.
You Don’t Have to Settle presents PURE MOVES (a new age dance party)
Jul 13, 2014 @ 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm| Free
Years and years of hitting up Natural Wonders stores in the mall for power crystals, weird VHS tapes, wolf t-shirts and new age music have warped us. We decided let’s throw a party dedicated to what must be one of the most ridiculous and soporific compilations of all time: PURE MOODS. We keep hearing new synthy music that sounds like Enya, so we figured it’s finally time she got some recognition as an O.G.
– First we will read your aura, then we will please your aura with jams. Nu age Celtic jams, Gregorian chanting over Ibiza hip hop beats, jams with pan flutes all over the damn place, synthy spiritual jams that make you think of waterfalls. That, plus all of our favorite impure summer electro and indie cuts, because our moods are not pure all of the time.
– If you own a three wolf moon t-shirt, any item purchased at Natural Wonders, or anything with whales or sea turtles on it, now is the time. Seize the wolf, friends.
– We will think a lot about the planet, the oceans, and whales, then we will save all of them
– This is doubling as a celebration of Brian Blackout’s birthday, as it is the day he found himself here on our earth mother. Ask him about his vermiform compost bin!
– We will festoon the already delightful backyard at Quarter Bar with stupid Summer knickknacks, which we will fastidiously reuse so as not to produce any waste
– We’ll all do our best not to get sunburnt. Use protection.
This Summer, You Don’t Have to Settle is going to be throwing an outdoor dance party every Sunday. Every week we’ll bring you the best Summer songs so you can show off your Summer dance moves with Summer drinks in your Summer goddamned hands. Each week will be a special snowflake of a party with its own spectacular theme. This week.
Sunday, July 13th
You Don’t Have to Settle presents
(a new age dance party)
Quarter Bar / 676 5th Ave.
D/N/R to Prospect / F/G to 4th-9th
3pm til it gets dark
What is You Don’t Have to Settle, you ask? It’s a collective of Summer-loving DJs who throw parties like Head On and Crazy Since da 90s, and of course this one. Come to us if you want to find out where to go dancing in Brooklyn. Here are a bunch of things you can click:
FB event – https://www.facebook.com/events/688308634585363/