- This event has passed.
Women & Trans Bike Repair Workshop
Jun 28, 2015 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm| Free
The Women & Trans Bike Repair Workshop offers space for anyone who identifies as women and/or trans to learn how to fix their bike. People of all experience levels, including beginner cyclists, are welcome. Here are some of the things you can do at the Women & Trans Bike Repair Workshop:
– learn how to fix a flat tire
– get an intro to the names of bike parts and tools
– get a repair assessment to figure out what kind of TLC your bike needs
– adjust your shifting
– adjust your brakes
– learn how to true a wheel
– adjust and overhaul hubs, bottom brackets, and headsets
The workshop is flexible: bring your bike and our volunteer mechanics (who identify as women/trans themselves) will help you through your repair assessment and questions. The workshop is also open to folks who already have some mechanics chops and are looking for a safe/welcoming space to work on their bikes, and folks who don’t have a bike yet, and would like to know more about cycling and bike maintenance.