- This event has passed.
Whiskey Coke ANNIVERSARY PARTY / Return of KEARNS / TOMMI-GRACE’S BDAY!!! / NOISE POP POETRY BABY Record Release
Jul 8, 2015 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm| Free
– Having A Whiskey Coke With You turns 4!!!
– Ed Kearns, one of the founding fathers of our humble series, returns… and he’s gonna have words with ya. http://www.edkearns.com/
– Tommi-Grace Melito, absolutely killer poet, powerful performer and best friend to many of the Whiskey Coke crew, turns 28!!!
– Jesse Katz, curator of the whole shabang, releases an album of poems, songs, farts and flourishes. https://
– Tamara Porras, art director of our glorious zine, premieres the second volume in the film series known as Backyard Readings!https://www.youtube.com/
– And of course a stellar line up of readers and performers geared to ignite the senses! Reader setlist coming soon.
There will be zines, there will be hamburgers, there will be cheap drinks. So make sure to take the next day off, cause you’re gonna be partying like wowzerz.
Ever wonder where all of NYC’s most talented writers, performers, musicians and artists hang out on the second Tuesday (sometimes Wednesday) of the month?
That’s right… Freddy’s Bar! Come thru for laughs, epiphanies, hullabaloos and broadcasts as the cities’ best serenade and sweep you into a killer fucking night!
What’s that you say? The whole shit is FREE?! All this awesome for nothing?! Well yes, but we will also be taking donations so that we can keep bringing you chapbooks featuring all your friendly neighborhood poets, writers and artists.
Freddy’s is notorious for cheap, strong-ass drinks so pull up a chair next to the spirit of Frank O’Hara and have a Whiskey Coke with him. (I’m sure he wouldn’t mind a vodka tonic either)