- This event has passed.
The Great Gotham Challenge
Jul 11, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm| $40 / team
The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world. – F. Scott Fitzgerald, “The Great Gatsby”
Come explore New York City, seeing it again for the first time in it’s mystery and beauty.
The Great Gotham Challenge is a large scale competitive puzzle adventure based in New York City. As the clock ticks, participating teams race across Manhattan to find and decode a series of interactive clues that intertwine with the city’s rich culture and history.
On Saturday July 11th, 2015 we invite you to dedicate yourself to an afternoon of historical treasure hunting in New York City. Sleuths in teams of two to four are invited to test their wits in a battle of code-breaking, riddle-solving, scavenging and of course, googling. Teams will be given a series of Gotham-based clues, the answer to each unlocking the next. The first team to complete the entire challenge and arrive at the ultimate destination will be awarded the grand prize.
Teams will convene at 3PM in front of Castle Clinton, Battery Park, in front of the building from which 1 in 4 Americans can trace their heritage. From there they will disperse, only to reunite at the conclusion of the competition in the game’s final location, where the inevitable victors and the those less fortunate will share a meal.
- Each team’s admission (for up to 4 people) will be $60 day-of, $50 for online pre-registration. Brokelyn readers can get additional $10 off with code BROKE.
- Participants will be responsible for organizing their own teams of two to four.
- Any codebreaker, detective, investigator, or historian of good will is invited to enter.
- Feet, Bikes, Cabs, Ubers, and scooters are all legal means of transportation. Private, dedicated cars, however, are not.
- Good luck, and may the best team win!