- This event has passed.
The Gluten-Free EatUP! One Year Anniversary
Mar 1, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm| Free
Levine’s General Store
First Anniversary Gluten-Free EatUP!
An afternoon celebration of locally crafted, gluten-free, taste-full foods.
Where: Freddy’s Bar & Backroom
627 Fifth Avenue, South Slope Brooklyn, NY
When: Sunday March 1, 2015 1pm to 6pm
Entrance is Free.
The Gluten-Free EatUP! is Turning One and you deserve a break from hibernation. Turn that hangry face upside down and spring on over because New York City’s only, all gluten-free pop up market is back in town. Join us for an afternoon of locally crafted, gluten-free, taste-full foods that just might knock your woolen socks off.
Whether you have Celiac Disease, intolerance, sensitivity, general health or curiosity, finding accessible and tasty food can sometimes be a big challenge. The choices needn’t be sad and boring. When you are gluten-free, sometimes it feels like you are on the outside. Not at the EatUP!
Regale in the culinary delights of 8-12 vendors offering, baked goods, hot savory foods; sweet, salty, crunchy, (naughty), small batch treats, and healthy snacks. Imported Italian pasta to Indian influenced confections. “I like to think of it as an inclusive party where there are more options than usual for someone who is gluten-free,” says event organizer Deb Goldstein.
Housed in the always welcoming and warming, local stalwart Freddy’s Bar in South Slope Brooklyn, the First Anniversary market features new merchants and returning favorites, $5 American Pale Ale and tasting from our Sponsor Glutenberg Beer (GF), Raffle items to benefit the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University, and good vibes all around. Eat. Mingle. Be Free.
The Innovators Are:
· Levine’s General StoreSavory Yum Pieempanadas, Grilled KimCheeseon the ineffable bread from
The Gluten Free Bakery of Chatham NY, Kickin’Mac-n-Cheesemade with imported Italian pasta from Sponsor Taste Up Foods.
· Kimcheelicious Tangy small batch vegan kimchi – almost as good as a Korean grandma’s.
· Sans BakeryDonuts and ginger cookies to weep for and baked goods from this trailblazing bakery.
· Gone Pie All matter of vegan baked goods, chocolate treats…and, you guessed it, pie!
· Krumville BakeshopFocaccia, amaretti cookies and classically baked goods from this Italian influenced baker.
· Polvilho BakeryBite into a taste of Brazil withYuPuffs, artisanal, baked andnaturally gluten-free snacks. Hot!
· Smart Snack BitesDecadent confections and truffles with Indian spiced influences.
· This Pie is NutsIndividual squares of Certified Paleo and vegan pie with luxurious fillings, key lime to chocolate mousse.
· Cali Girl BakesNew on the scene, this Harlem based baking company crafting classic treats like biscotti, lemon pound cake, cookies and more.
· Kulushkat Stepping out from their Brooklyn restaurant to serve up their kosher, and gluten-free Israeli salads and cuisine.
Check out www.LevinesGeneral.com for vendor updates.
Facebook Invite and RSVP: http://bit.ly/GFEUTurnsOne (Event is Free)