- This event has passed.
Sweet September: Giving Back Has Never Been Sweeter
Sep 1, 2016
From Thursday, September 1, 2016 through Friday, September 30, 2016, some of New York City’s best restaurants, bakeries and sweet shops will celebrate “Sweet September,” an initiative that raises awareness and funds for Citymeals on Wheels, a nonprofit organization that prepares and delivers more than two million weekend, holiday and emergency meals each year for homebound elderly New Yorkers.
Each participating location has designated delectable desserts and “Sweet September” goodies whose sale will benefit Citymeals. For each “Sweet September” item sold, the eateries will donate a portion of proceeds to support the preparation and delivery of meals to New York City’s frail aged.
Participating establishments and their “Sweet September” offerings are:
• 21 Club:‘21’ Express
• Aureole: Peanut Butter Crunch
• Charlie Palmer Steak: Ryan’s Sticky Bun
• Chomp Chomp
• Colonie: Sticky Date Cake with Salted Crème Fraiche Gelato
• DBGB: Baked Alaska
• Epicerie Boulud: ChocoPistache
• Huertas: Churros y Chocolate
• Jacques Torres Chocolate: Chocolate Chip Cookie
• La Newyorkina: Mango Chile Paleta
• La Palapa: Pastel Tres Leches
• La Pulperia
• Little Cupcake Bakeshop: Vanilla Citymeals Cupcake
• Make My Cake
• Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C.: All desserts purchased off the à la carte menu
• Red Rooster
• Sprinkles: Chocolate Chip Cookie
• Sugar Couture
• Tarallucci e Vino: All non-alcoholic desserts
• Vetro Restaurant & Wine Bar: Cannoli Sundae
• Victory Garden
One hundred percent of all “Sweet September” funds will go directly towards the preparation and delivery of meals. Last year the initiative raised over $32,000. For information about “Sweet September,” visit www.citymeals.org/sweetseptember.