- This event has passed.
Spices: A Workshop for Home Cooks
April 24 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm| Free
Learn new techniques and tips for the deft use of spices in your home cooking in a friendly, low-stress, low-cost setting. Topics discussed will include:
- how to bloom spices by toasting, frying, or simmering
- shelf life of ground and whole spices, and how to detect rancidity
- use of premade pastes like Thai green curry, gochujang, and harissa, and how to make your own
- how to combine spices to build regional flavor profiles
- when to use fresh and dried herbs
Includes demos, Q&A, and tastings. Suggested $5 donation at the door. Beer, wine, and full dinner menu for sale at the bar.