- This event has passed.
Slate’s Mom and Dad Are Fighting LIVE in Brooklyn with Chirlane McCray
Jan 26, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm| 20-40
Slate’s parenting podcast Mom and Dad Are Fighting is coming to Brooklyn! Join them Tuesday, January 26, for a lively and fun podcast show at The Bell House. Hosts Allison Benedikt and Dan Kois will be joined by an impressive group of special guests to reveal triumphs and fails, argue about parenting in the news, and deliver some special live surprises. Special guests include:
– Chirlane McCray, Activist, Writer, and First Lady of New York City
– Oliver Jeffers, New York Times Best-selling Artist and Illustrator of The Day the Crayons Quit
– Laurie Berkner, Best-selling Children’s Recording Artist
– Rebecca Stead, Newbery Medal Winner and New York Times Best-selling Author of Children’s Fiction Including, When You Reach Me
– John Cook, Executive Editor of Gawker
We will also have a pre-show cocktail hour with the hosts from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Each ticket holder will receive one complimentary drink and early access for choice seating. Only 40 tickets for the cocktail hour will be sold, so get them while they last!
You can buy your cocktail ticket AND a show ticket for $40 or a show ticket for $20. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for cocktail hour and 6:30 p.m. for the live show.
If you are a Slate Plus member, you will receive 30 percent off your ticket purchase. Use your Upcoming Events tool in the Slate Plus dashboard on the right side of the Slate Plus home page to receive your individualized discount code.