- This event has passed.
Sep 3, 2015 @ 8:00 pm
Satellite Collective presents cutting edge, interdisciplinary works at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, Fishman Space, 321 Ashland Place, Brooklyn, NY, from September 3-5, 2015 at 8pm. Tickets are $25-$35 ($10 students) and are available at http://www.bam.org/satellitecollective, by phone at 718-636-4100, or in person at the BAM box office. Tickets will be on sale beginning July 25, 2015.
In its second season at BAM, Satellite Collective seeks to secure its role as a leading voice of interdisciplinary art in New York City. Created specifically for the Fishman Space, Satellite Collective’s September performances will employ the collaborative visions of 29 artists from across the nation. The evening will premiere post-classical music by four composers, ballet and modern dance works by three choreographers, a new animated set, two new short films, and a spoken work. By turns jubilant, mournful, violent, and tender, this diverse assemblage of artists and art forms will draw audiences through a spectrum of vibrant emotion. Damian Smith, former principal of San Francisco Ballet, is artistic advisor for the program.
The evenings include:
• “I Can Help You” – spoken word by Stelth Ulvang of The Lumineers
• “SOLO” – a dance work by Devin Alberda of the New York City Ballet
• “A Pair of Ideal Landscapes” – Dance + Film by Esme Boyce and Lora Robertson with score by Richie Greene including harp and soprano
• “Water” – a new cello composition by David Moss with soundscape by Richie Greene
• “Music for Dance” – earthy, dynamic music of the Satellite Ensemble
• “Edie Leaves Twice” – a short film by Lora Robertson with score by Ellis Ludwig Leone of San Fermin, and libretto by Creative Director Kevin Draper
• “Walled City” – Dance + Multimedia by Manuel Vignoulle (formerly of Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet), Kevin Draper, Brandon Stirling Baker and Nick Jaina
“These are people who know how to produce a show.” – Siobhan Burke, The New York Times
For more information about Satellite Collective, visit www.satellitecollective.org.
ABOUT SATELLITE COLLECTIVE
Satellite Collective is a New York based arts non-profit, committed to generating interdisciplinary works of performance and publication. Founded in 2010, Satellite Collective has produced three evening-length ballets, four hours of original music, two hours of original film, commissioned four modern dance works, founded an artistic publication, hosted five annual arts retreats, and has recently launched Telephone, which simultaneously published the interconnected works of 315 artists from 42 countries.
Satellite Collective was selected by the Brooklyn Academy of Music to participate in the 2015 BAM Professional Development Program in collaboration with the DeVos Institute of Arts Management.
ABOUT BROOKLYN ACADEMY OF MUSIC
BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) is a multi-arts center located in Brooklyn, New York. For more than 150 years, BAM has been the home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas—engaging both global and local communities. With world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, film, and much more, BAM showcases the work of emerging artists and innovative modern masters. For more information visit www.bam.org.
This event is presented by Satellite Collective. BAM house, ticketing and membership policies may not apply.