- This event has passed.
Party for a Parkinson’s Cure
Apr 19, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm| Free
Party for a Parkinson’s Cure is an event to raise funds for “Team Day Trippers” in the 2015 Parkinson’s Unity Walk — 100% of funds raised at the event will support research to find a cure for Parkinson’s Disease.
The party is taking place at The Diamond in Greenpoint on Sunday, April 19th from 3-6pm. A portion of all drinks purchased will be donated to the Unity Walk. Attendees will have the chance to win a number of incredible prizes that have been donated from some seriously generous local businesses. Prizes include:
- 2 tickets to “Sleep No More”
- Pair of badges to Northside Festival
- 2 tickets to any show at Baby’s All Right + 1 round of drinks
- $50 gift certificate to Royal Palms Shuffleboard Club
- $50 gift certificate to Pies ‘n’ Thighs
- 10-class packages to Yoga to the People
- Engraved Necklaces from In God We Trust
- Movie Tickets from Williamsburg Cinema
- Gift Certificate to WORD
- Gift Certificate to The Richardson
- Gift Box of Spices from Greenpoint Trading Co.
- Tote Bag filled with goodies from Butter & Scotch bakery
This event is FREE, but any and all donations are welcome and encouraged. The Diamond will be serving special $4 pints until they’re gone, so attendees should arrive early. Hopefully the sun will be shining because the bar has an awesome backyard!
Full event details can be found on the Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/1386397738342946/
The Parkinson’s Unity Walk takes place every April in Central Park. There are more than 1 million people in the US living with PD and 60,000 new cases are diagnosed each year. You can read more about the walk and Team Day Trippers here: http://unitywalk.kintera.org/2015/jennyerasmus