M/WBE Certification Info Session (Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise)
August 23 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm| Free
Businesses that are certified as Minority / Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) have priority when selling their products and services to the city, state, and federal governments.
If you are a business owner and would like to learn about the benefits and process for achieving the M/WBE certification, then this is the course for you!
The workshop will be presented by the Small Business Administration (SBA) and NYC Business Solutions, and hosted by the Small Business Department at Brooklyn Coop, your neighborhood credit union.
You will learn about:
· The differences between city, state, and federal bids
· The qualifications to become M/WBE certified
· Completion of the M/WBE certification application
· Avoiding common certification mistakes
· Receiving assistance with bids and proposals
**Businesses must be in operation for at least 1 year to qualify for certification
**Sole proprietors (freelancers) ARE eligible! You do not have to be incorporated to get the certification.
Dinner provided at 5pm!