- This event has passed.
Media Master Class: Craft Your Pitch & Get Attention
February 18 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm| $250
When it comes to growing your brand or business, media is a game changer. While you’re busy bootstrapping your business, how can you get the attention and interest of producers, editors, and bloggers? How can you make your work, your passion, and your expertise compelling to the media—and everyone who consumes it? You need to understand what the media wants, and how to give it to them.
In this full-day workshop, journalists and entrepreneurs Paula Rizzo and Terri Trespicio will give you a crash course on how to crack the media code and craft the pitch that gets you attention. Bring your ideas, your ambitions, and a notebook, and strap in for a fast-paced day that will change the way you see your business—and your potential.
What you get:
– An inside tour of the media industry and how it can boost your visibility
– Learn the blind spots that experts and even PR pros miss when it comes to connecting with the media
– Find out what producers, editors, and bloggers want and don’t want from you
– How to position yourself and your business for the media
– The best way to approach social media and content
– The biggest mistakes business owners make when courting the media
– Craft your pitch—and master the follow up