- This event has passed.
January 12 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Luminaries is a mesmerizing holiday light installation designed by the LAB at Rockwell Group, based on the season’s traditions of sharing, giving, and community. Visitors are immersed in a canopy of glowing lanterns suspended within the Winter Garden at Brookfield Place, each changing color and intensity. Touch-sensitive “wishing stations” on the ground invite visitors to send a holiday wish, which materializes as a burst of color traveling through the lanterns above. For the second year, Arts Brookfield has partnered with the GRAMMY Museum to support music education programs, donating $1 up to $25,000 for every wish made.
The Luminaries wishing experience will only be available through January 8, after which Luminaries will remain on display as a spectacular light installation until January 29. Plan your visit to Brookfield Place to illuminate your holiday wish this season!
The public is invited to experience the Luminaries opening wish of the season on Thursday, December 1 from 6:00 – 6:30 PM.
HOLIDAY LIGHT SHOWS
Light shows will be presented every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour starting at 8:00 AM and ending at 10:00 PM daily. From December 2, 2016 through January 8, 2017, Luminaries will exhibit three shows synced to the sound of these 3 beloved seasonal songs:
– “Winter Wonderland” by Michael Bublé
– “Silver Bells” by Tony Bennett
– “Carol of the Bells” by The Bird and The Bee
Please note, due to events in the Winter Garden, Luminaries shows and wishing experience will be modified on the following dates:
– Friday, December 2: Wishing and light shows from 8 AM – 3 PM
– Saturday, December 3: No wishing experience or light shows on this date
– Saturday, December 10: Wishing and light shows from 8 AM – 6 PM
– Sunday, December 11: Wishing and light shows from 8 AM – 12 PM & 6 PM – 10 PM