- This event has passed.
Inside the Wild Heart – An immersive theatrical experience based on the works of Clarice Lispector
Dec 2, 2016 @ 8:00 pm
Inside the Wild Heart
An immersive theatrical experience based on the works of Clarice Lispector
** Extended by popular demand **
Inside the Wild Heart is a fully immersive theatrical experience showcasing the work of Clarice Lispector, Brazil’s most acclaimed female writer. The show transports audience directly inside Lispector’s heart creating an experience that encourages audiences to engage with literature on a sensory level.
Conceived by Andressa Furletti and Debora Balardini and directed by Regina Miranda, the show integrates visual arts, film, music & performance art, which embodies the writer’s deepest feelings, serving as an entry point to Clarice’s incredible work, still mostly unknown in the US. Five actors and one dancer embody the writer’s biggest themes such as identity, solitude, madness, violence and freedom accompanied by Mario Forte on the electronics and violin.
The audience is free to choose who to follow, where to go, how long to stay in each room and if they want to participate or not. Starting with the question “If you were yourself, what would you do?”, Inside the Wild Heart opens the doors for the audience’s curiosity and creativity and reminds us that “Getting lost is also a way”.
132 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11249
Tickets and more information:
*Performed in Portuguese and English*
(Talk back on December 10th with Camila Santos)
INSIDE YOUR EXPERIENCE
• After admission, you will embark upon an individual journey. You may stay Inside the Wild Heart for as long as you wish up to closing time.
- The performance lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes without intermission. After the performances you may stay and enjoy the installations up to 10PM.
- Audience members are admitted in groups, you will choose your entry time when purchasing tickets. We ask you to arrive 10 minutes before your entry time for check in.• Late admittance is at the discretion of Group .BR’s staff.• This performance is not recommended for audience members who are not comfortable standing, walking, climbing stairs or being alone. Because of the immersive nature of this piece, audiences may be standing for several minutes at a time over the course of the performance. Audiences are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes.• Our environment contains a number of textures, so as water, ink, clay and beverages that can potentially stain clothing or shoes. We do not take responsibility for patrons’ personal items and advise you to keep this in mind when dressing for the show. If concern we advise
• No under 16 years old unaccompanied is admitted. All participants MUST present a valid ID at the door.
- Audience members that act disrespectfully towards the performers, staff or other audience members will be asked to leave the Wild Heart with no refunds.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.• Photography is permitted only without the use of flash. We kindly ask you to be mindful about disturb other audience members if taking pictures.• If you have any allergy, Group .BR highly recommends you to not accept any food or beverage that might be offered during the performance.• We encourage you to check bags and coats to have more freedom Inside the Wild Heart.
• We encourage you to participate but we respect your desire to participate or not. In doubt just try this: “if you were you, how would you be and what would you do?”
“Entre o ”sim” e o “não” só há um caminho: escolher.”
“Between the “yes” and the “no” there is only one way: choosing.”
Conceived by ANDRESSA FURLETTI and DEBORA BALARDINI
Directed by REGINA MIRANDA
Produced by ROBERTA FERNANDES
Cast ANDRESSA FURLETTI • DEBORA BALARDINI • GONÇALO RUIVO • PATRICIA FAOLLI • RICARDO BURGOS
Live music by MARIO FORTE
Original music by SERGIO KRAKOWSKI and MARIO FORTE
Light design LUIZ PAULO NENEN
Costume design LUIZA MARCIER
Video and projection design and operation PAUL LEOPOLD
Set concept REGINA MIRANDA and ANDRESSA FURLETTI
Set design and production MONTSERRAT VARGAS
Director’s assistant JOÃO MEIRA
Production assistant CORINTHIA PAUL, FABIANA MATTEDI
and Bernardo Sgarbi
Costume designer assistant PATRICIA MARJORIE
Set design assistants BEATRIZ ELENA LOPEZ, GABY COLL,
PAOLA EMHARDT and BERNARDO SGARBI
Set builder NOAH LIU
Hosts FABIANA MATTEDI, GIOVANNA DE ALMEIDA,
PATRICIA MARJORIE and YASMIN SANTANA
- This show was made possible in part by the generous support of Punto Space (www.puntospace.com)•