- This event has passed.
Harvey Immigrant Relief Concert
September 13 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm| $20
Wednesday, September 13 at 8 PM – 11 PM
Friends and Lovers
641 Classon Ave, Brooklyn, New York 11238
CONCERT TO BENEFIT IMMIGRANTS IMPACTED BY HURRICANE HARVEY
Presented by THE GROTAS FIRM, PC
**If you are unable to attend, please consider donating at this link, by clicking “TICKETS”: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/harvey-immigrant-relief-concert-tickets-37780602800?aff=efbeventtix
Featuring performances by:
KING B. KING
PRINTS OF MONACO
JACOB BRANDT & FRIENDS
HOSTED BY ALISE MORALES (BETCHES LOVE THIS)
All ticket and donation proceeds will benefit:
HOUSTON IMMIGRATION LEGAL SERVICES
Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative is providing emergency resources for immigrants impacted by Hurricane Harvey. In response to Harvey, the Collaborative is organizing several efforts:
– Convening our partners to address what legal services providers and immigration experts can to do provide benefit to Harvey survivors
– Identifying gaps in resources for immigrants and refugees and collaborating with partners to determine the best way to fill those gaps
– Creating materials for partners to use when advising clients about how to navigate Harvey relief as an immigrant/refugee, such a our Harvey FAQ: bit.ly/harveyfaq
– Deploying immigration attorneys to emergency shelters to give consultations on the intersection between disaster recovery and immigration issues.
Through their work, a few explicit needs are already emerging:
– Direct monetary assistance for those who don’t qualify for federal relief to support lost wages, housing, transportation, medical costs, etc.
– The need for disaster relief resources and information in multiple languages.
– Education and advocacy directed at government entities and organizations who are working with Harvey survivors to help them understand the particular needs of people without legal status.
The Collaborative has established a pass-through fund (HILSC Harvey Assistance for Immigrants) to provide Harvey-recovery support to immigrants and refugees, and particularly undocumented individuals.