- This event has passed.
Apr 13, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm| free
Free with RSVP!
The venue is small. To be on the list, rsvp here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gender-101-tickets-24026448755
Like our page to be invited to the next events: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1139970429349618&fref=ts
Think gender is as simple as man/woman? Think again. There are many aspects of gender that affect different aspects of the individual person and how they relate to society. Having studied gender, sex, and sexuality for nearly a decade, Atrina will break down the concept of gender and discuss its repercussions on daily life.
This workshop is appropriate for anyone that is interested in learning more about the different aspects of gender, sex, and sexuality and how they interact and how they diverge. Upon completion, participants will better understand:
• The difference between gender, sex, and sexuality
• Nuanced gendered terms such as genderqueer, gender fluid, bigender, and cisgender
• The difference between gender identity, gender expression and gender presentation
• A brief overview of issues common to transgendered individuals
• How to be sensitive to individuals whose genders are not in line with society’s expectations