- This event has passed.
Finding Subsidized Housing in NYC
Oct 22, 2014 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm| Free
This seminar, lead by The Actors Fund’s Rebecca Sauer, provides an overview of government-subsidized housing, which is available for low, moderate, and middle-income households. Join us to get important information for performing arts and entertainment professionals and other independent workers. The following questions will be addressed:
• How do you find and apply for subsidized housing?
• What are the eligibility requirements?
• How does a housing lottery work?
• Can you get on a waiting list?
• How do you document your income if it fluctuates year to year?
• How can you best prepare yourself for an interview?
• What can you do if you’re rejected?
Part of The Actors Fund Community Arts Festival 2014.