- This event has passed.
Exponential Disruption & Exponential Organizations with Futurist and Angel Investor Ramez Naam
Jun 8, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm| $5
On June 8th, the Brooklyn Futurist Meetup welcomes technology leader, inventor, startup founder, Angel Investor, Science Fiction and Futurist Author Ramez Naam.
Here’s his speech description and more about this “renaissance man”::
Exponential Disruption & Exponential Organizations
We’re living in the age of exponential technologies: Computing, AI, machine learning, robotics, self-driving cars, 3D printing, drones, virtual reality, augmented reality, and more. The sudden surge of their performance threatens to disrupt businesses. The only way to respond is to re-organize for the exponential age.
Topics covered include:
– What all exponential technologies have in common.
– The phases of disruption of exponential tech: Digitization, Dematerialization, Demonitization, and Democratization
– How Digitization transforms scarcity to abundance for consumers – and disrupts producers
– Success and failure stories, from Kodak to AirBnB, Uber, Tesla, and more.
– How Corporate Immune Systems suppress disruptive ideas in large organizations.
– The principles of Exponential Organizations: I.D.E.A.S. and S.C.A.L.E.
– How successful businesses have used these principles to thrive.
– How to nurture Exponential Organization concepts at the edges of your business.
About Ramez Naam:
Ramez Naam was born in Cairo, Egypt, and came to the US at the age of 3. He’s a computer scientist, futurist, angel investor, and award-winning author.
Ramez spent 13 years at Microsoft, where he led teams developing early versions of Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, and the Bing search engine. His career has focused on bringing advanced collaboration, communication, and information retrieval capabilities to roughly one billion people around the world, and took him to the role of Partner and Director of Program Management within Microsoft, with deep experience leading teams working on cutting edge technologies such as machine learning, search, massive scale services, and artificial intelligence.
Between stints at Microsoft, Ramez founded and ran Apex NanoTechnologies, the world’s first company devoted entirely to software tools to accelerate molecular design. He holds 19 patents related to search engines, information retrieval, web browsing, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
Ramez is also the award-winning author of five science fiction and futurist books.