- This event has passed.
Eat Pie and Shop
Dec 7, 2014 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm| Free
Join us on Sunday December 7th for PS 29 in Brooklyn’s Eat Pie and Shop holiday event. Enjoy delicious homemade pies, enter a celebrity judged pie contest, shop more than 30 artisans at the gift fair, have your child’s portrait taken professionally, and hang out while your kids have their faces painted and do crafts.
Please share with your readers. The more, the merrier. Here are the details:
Eat Pie and Shop at Brooklyn’s PS29
Sunday December 7, 11am – 4pm
425 Henry Street, between Baltic and Kane
• Pie Social: Taste delicious homemade and premium pies for $5 a slice or 5 for $20. Both sweet and salty options, so come for lunch and desert.
• Celebrity-judged pie contest: At 2pm, Gail Simmons, judge of “Top Chef,” Melissa Clark, food columnist for the New York Times, Kelsey Nixon, Host of Kelsey’s Essentials, Paulette Goto, host of The Cooking Channel’sf Unique Sweets and other kitchen pros will name the best pie of the pie contest. Taste the winning pie.
• Artisan Holiday Gift Fair: Take care of your holiday shopping while the kids do crafts. More than 30 of Brooklyn’s best artisans are selling their wares, including jewelry, clothing and beautiful paper products as well as books and classic toys from fork + pencil.
• Children’s Crafts and Activities: Face painting, crafts and a Kids Choice pie contest of kid baked pies. Your kids will have a blast!
• Professional Portrait Studio: You can get a beautiful portrait of your child/children taken during the event. $30 for one high-resolution image which you can print, email, gift to grandparents, etc.
• Toys for Tots: U.S. Marines will be on hand to pick up all donations of holiday gifts.
All proceeds go to PS 29 programs. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.eatpieandshop.org.