- This event has passed.
Class: How to Vend at Flea and Artisan Markets
Feb 21, 2016 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm| $29
HOW TO VEND AT MARKETS
PURCHASE TICKETS HERE! ONLY $29!!
Sunday, February 21st 2016
Starts at 4 PM til 6:30 PM
Located at: Gottscheer Hall
657 Fairview Ave, Ridgewood, NY 11385
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND THIS CLASS?
First off, this is a unique opportunity! This is the only class you will receive professional info on vending.
By taking this class, you will learn insider knowledge and secrets only taught from talented vendors. You will discover a more positive experience in vending. You will also learn how to make more money selling your products!! You will also learn to be fearless when applying to artisan markets and flea markets.
Sarah Feldman, the owner behind the popular Ridgewood Market will be teaching the first ever class! She has run this community-driven artisan market since she was 24 years-old. Unlike other market owners, she used to be a vendor. She has experience selling her jewelry on the streets of Manhattan in the bitter cold as well as inside other artisan markets. She has had failures and successes like so many others out there.
The Ridgewood Market has been around for 3 years and has on average of 600 customers and over 40 vendors per event. Also, the market always sells out of vending spaces and has a loyal following of vendor clientele.
The class will be 2.5 hours long, depending on how quickly we cover everything:
– The first half is a slideshow lecture where Sarah shares her knowledge of vending. You will learn about branding your business for markets, the do’s and don’ts when selling at a market, pricing your products, how to be an amazing salesperson at a market, and more!
– Then the second half is all about you! We invite you to bring your table display as well as products to be set up on a table. Sarah will professionally critique it along with the class. We’ll run it like “hospital rounds”, when it isn’t your turn, you get to hear the comments on the other tables. This opportunity is on a first come first serve basis!
– Then finally, we wrap it up with a Q&A!
By the end of the evening, you’ll be on your way to a better market vending experience!! The end result of taking this class will be more money in your pocket, more fun at markets, and a happier, more creative YOU!
RULES & REGULATIONS:
– Tickets are $29/ person to help cover costs and everyone should have a ticket in their name.
– Tickets will be on “will call” so no printing is necessary
– Anyone who is not listed on the roster will not be allowed in.
– Children ages 13 and up are allowed in the class, but must have a paid ticket in their name.
– You must be above the age of 21 to purchase a drink.