- This event has passed.
Chocolate Party!! Chocolate NYC’s One Year Birthday Bash
Jan 14, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm| $20
Two friends founded Chocolate NYC (http://chocolatenyc.blogspot.com) in late 2012 to guide you through the best chocolate of New York and beyond. To celebrate our one year birthday, we’re throwing a party with tasting samples of many of our favorite chocolates. There will be dark chocolate! Mint chocolate! Orange chocolate! Chocolate with nibs! The only thing there will not be is white chocolate, because that stuff is gross.
Tasting tables will be organized like so:
1) Percentages (ranging from high-quality milk chocolate, to pleasantly dark 72% bars, all the way up through hardcore 100% cacao)
2) Origins (single-origin bars from Venezuela, Ecuador, Madagascar, and elsewhere–discover your favorite origin!)
3) Local (chocolates from small-batch NYC chocolatiers and bakeries)
4) Flavors (chocolate bars with nibs, mint, sea salt, caramel, orange peel, almonds, the sky’s the limit)
5) Baking (sample chocolate chips from half a dozen different brands, so your next batch of chocolate chip cookies will be the best yet)
6) Truffles and bon bons
Sponsors include Tumbador, Fine & Raw, Nunu, Patric, TCHO, Michel Cluizel, Divine Chocolate, Zoe’s Chocolate Co., Equal Exchange, French Broad, Raaka, Lindt, Antidote, the Chocolate Room, Pacari, 2Beans, Li-Lac, and other artisanal chocolatiers and bakers from NYC and around the world.
Each $20 ticket guarantees samples of all available chocolates. There will be no chocolate for sale inside the event; all chocolates are included with entry. Please pre-order tickets, as there will be extremely limited door sales: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/518277
ABOUT CHOCOLATE NYC:
Let’s discuss the things that matter.
We eat a lot of chocolate, and hopefully you do too. Perhaps eating a lot of chocolate is very important to you. Perhaps it is so important that you would spend your time on the Internet trying to improve your (hopefully) daily chocolate experience. If that is the case, we are the same, and you have come to the right place: http://chocolatenyc.blogspot.com.