- This event has passed.
Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition – Art & Performance Events
Oct 1, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - Oct 2, 2016 @ 6:00 pm
The Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition Fall 2016 Gallery Events
BWAC’s Fall Group Art Shows, in a Civil War-era warehouse gallery on Red Hook’s scenic pier, are filled with 25,000sf of art in all mediums, in a wide variety of styles, and in four distinctly different exhibits:
• Brooklyn is…. a narrative show of some 200 artists;
• Art in Clay 4, exhibiting the power of clay to say almost anything;
• The Really, Really Affordable Art Show, a juried show where really, really great bargains are to be found, and,
• Grand Installations – very different and yet all dramatic installations interspersed throughout the 2 floors of gallery space.
There will be concerts in many music genres as well as written word programs:
• Saturday, 10/01 at 2:00 PM: Zac Messick
Zac Messick, a Brooklyn-based songwriter originally from North Carolina, draws influence from a variety of genres and art forms. If you missed his brilliant performance this spring, here’s your chance to see and hear him. You can listen to his music at: http://zacpm.bandcamp.com.
• Saturday, 10/01 at 4:00 PM: The Repressions
BWAC welcomes the return of the irrepressible Repressions, NYC’s only art-therapy-funk-rock vaudeville band! Their music is by weirdos, for weirdos, and you can check them out at https://therepressions.com.
• Sunday, 10/2 at 2:00 pm: Tom Fitzpatrick
Tom brought down the house last spring with his group Fitz, Callan & Biggs, and now returns to BWAC for a solo performance.
You can hear his music at http:// www.reverbnation.com/fitztunes.
• Sunday, 10/02 at 4:00 PM: Victor Gurbo
“Roots revivalist Victor V. Gurbo and his four-piece backing band create original folk ballads infused with an Americana spirit. Recently voted the 2013 Brooklyn Borough Champion at WNYC & WQXR’s Battle of the Boroughs, Gurbo & Co. pay homage to the canon of American song and poetry with a raw, bluesy, foot-stomping sound that’s both classic and contemporary.”
See and hear performances by Victor at http://www.victorvgurbo.com.
The BWAC GALLERY show is open every weekend 1-6PM from September 24 through October 16.
481 Van Brunt (Door 7) in Red Hook, Brooklyn
(across from Fairway and down from IKEA)
or for more information, go to http://www.bwac.org