- This event has passed.
Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition
Oct 8, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - Oct 9, 2016 @ 6:00 pm
The Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition Fall 2016 Gallery Events
BWAC’s Fall Group Art Shows, in a Civil War-era warehouse gallery on Red Hook’s scenic pier, are filled with 25,000sf of art in all mediums, in a wide variety of styles, and in four distinctly different exhibits:
- Brooklyn is…. a narrative show of some 200 artists;
- Art in Clay 4, exhibiting the power of clay to say almost anything;
- The Really, Really Affordable Art Show, a juried show where really, really great bargains are to be found, and,
- Grand Installations – very different and yet all dramatic installations interspersed throughout the 2 floors of gallery space.
There will be concerts in many music genres as well as written word programs:
Saturday, October 8, 2:00 PM
- Sasha Kolontyrsky
A guitarist on the NYC jazz scene, bringing beauty to everyday life. Hear Sasha’s music at: https://soundcloud.com/alex-kolontyrsky.
Saturday, October 8, 4:00 PM
- The Word Cabaret, “Learning Curves”
BWAC’s long-running reading series, The Word Cabaret is curated by John Istel.
For this installment, “Learning Curves,” educators O’Hagan Blades, Brett Burns, Raquel Goodison, Aimee Herman, Avram Kline, Danny Shot, Nicole Smith, and Tim Tomlinson will provide their perspectives.
Sunday, October 9, 2:00 PM
- J.R. Rost
A veteran of the downtown NYC music scene, J.R. returns to BWAC with his spectacular renditions
of musical standards and his own brilliant songs.
Sunday, October 9, 4:00 PM
- Sam Rasiotis and Rachel Swaner – Solidarity, Punk and Folk
Sam Rasiotis (vocalist and songwriter of the Astoria band Dirty Wings) performing with
multi-instrumentalist Rachel Swaner (piano, accordion and ukulele in the bands R2, The Silbin Sandovar Review and Main Squeeze Orchestra.) Sam and Rachel will be performing originals as well as punk rock and folk songs with an emphasis on songs of the labor movement.
The BWAC GALLERY show is open every weekend 1-6PM from September 24 through October 16.
481 Van Brunt Street (Door 7) in Red Hook, Brooklyn
(across from Fairway and down from IKEA)
or for more information, go to http://www.bwac.org