- This event has passed.
Bible Discovery Study: “Sin Economics: Know Thy Sin Well”
Jan 4, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm| Free
Gather this Sunday evening from 6:00-8:00pm at 48 Wall Street (5th Floor) to join with a diverse group of New Yorkers for a weekend recharge through conversation with friends, fantastic food, and rich discussion on relevant topics from the Bible, culture, and history. This is a great place to ask the tough questions, find answers, and grow in your spirituality. People from all faith backgrounds (or no faith background at all) will feel welcome here. Leave each event feeling balanced and ready for the busy work week ahead. You don’t want to miss the people, the music, and the fascinating discussion. (A, C, E, J, R, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 trains.)
This week’s discussion topic has been dubbed: “SIN ECONOMICS: KNOW THY SIN WELL.” Imagine you were to move to this country from a nation that had little or no economy. It would certainly be wise to quickly figure out how this American economy and monetary system operates so you wouldn’t get yourself into trouble. In a similar way, the Bible speaks of precise rules and regulations for God’s “sin economy,” and the wise truth-seeker ought to pay close attention to how this spiritual economy functions. Questions to answer include:
- I know I’ve broken God’s Law, so how many sins will God put up with?
- How flexible is God’s standard?
- Is a tally of my actions being kept somewhere?
- If I do good, will it erase the bad that I’ve accumulated on my record?
- Is there really a time and place when I will have to give account for my sins?
- Can I still get into Heaven at the end of my life if my record shows sin guilt?
- What role does Jesus play in all of this? Can He fix help my situation?
These are just a few of the questions we’ll cover this week, and believe us, the answers are incredibly interesting. You don’t want to miss this one! Bring your Bible, your brain, and a will to learn.
If this will be your first time attending, feel free to RSVP and we can say “hello” and provide you with all the relevant information for this event.