Calling all creatives, bloggers, crafters and makers of all things unique and aesthetically pleasing: handmade craft retail site Etsy is hiring a full-time editorial intern to work in their DUMBO office for the next six months. Did we mention it’s PAID?! It’s hard enough to find an unpaid internship these days but this fabulous team is offering hourly full-time compensation. You’ll get to work with Etsy’s online community and write new posts of your own original content.
Etsy is looking for enthusiastic applicants with some previous online or print experience, as well as photo editing experience and a basic knowledge of HTML. For more requirements and the details on how to apply, visit the Career portion of the Etsy blog here and prepare for your dream internship.
A few more details via Etsy:
In this internship you will gain experience:
- Working for a company with a very passionate online community.
- Writing and editing for a broad array of readers.
- Coming up with creative ways to do visual merchandising.
- Participating in a collaborative work-flow at a growing Internet company.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Proof posts and edit for content, style and editorial voice.
- Produce graphic layouts, handle formatting and merchandising.
- Opportunities to write original posts.
- Previous experience in online or print editorial, copy-editing, writing, researching and reporting.
- Knowledge of the landscape of lifestyle and culture publications online, in print and broadcast.
- Previous experience with photo editing. Great Photoshop skills are a must.
- Merchandising or styling experience. Great taste is a must!
- Basic HTML knowledge, deep familiarity with blogging software (such as WordPress).
- Professional and personable communication skills in dealing with colleagues, customers and online community.
- Self-motivated in completing projects. Ability to roll with the punches in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with very high standards.
- Passionate about blogging and new media content, especially in regards to DIY, fashion, entrepreneurship.
- Career goals at the intersection of editorial, new media, community, art and culture.
- Curious mind.
In a cover letter, please explain why you’re passionate about Etsy and this opportunity. Attach your resume and please include your own blog address and Twitter, if applicable, as well as your Etsy username. Additionally:
- Propose an idea for a post: profiling a community arts movement, reviewing a new design archive, reporting on a consumer trend — the field is open.
- Create a Treasury of 16 items around a theme of your choice and send us the link. When you curate, please bear in mind compelling visuals and variety of medium and price.
- Additionally, once you submit your application, you will receive a proofreading quiz to complete. Edit not only for grammar, but also style and clarity.