1. Listen to comedians answer tough / ridiculous questions at Would You Rather?, featuring Peter Bandyk, Amanda Xeller, Jed Resnik, and Shen Liu. (Monday, The Experiment Comedy Gallery, $5)
2. Work out all your angst at the launch of a new monthly emo party, Taking Back Mondays, with all your favorite ’00s screamers plus $2 beer all night and food from Strange Flavor Burger Shack. (Monday, The Johnsons, FREE)
3. Get moody at the final Little Cinema screening of the season: Edward Scissorhands, with dancers, aerialists, DJ’s, live music, and immersive effects incorporated into the film. (Tuesday, House of Yes, $15)
4. Groan with the best of them at everyone’s favorite participatory pun contest: Punderdome 3000, hosted by Jo Firestone and her Rodney Dangerfield–impersonator dad. (Tuesday, Littlefield, $8)
5. Stomp your feet and clap your hands for the second annual Roots n’ Ruckus Festival, three nights of music on two stages, including Brotherhood of the Jug Band Blues, Crimson Ragdolls, Skalopy Brass, and Spirit Family Reunion. (Wednesday, Jalopy Theater, FREE)
6. Dance yourself clean of this awful year at the Sweat Equity Office Xmas Party, six hours of techno tunes from Anna Morgan, BKGD Audio, and more Sweat Equity DJs. (Wednesday, Bossa Nova Civic Club, FREE)
7. Listen to ladies at Literary Hub’s women-focused Red Ink Series, with Margo Jefferson, Ruth Franklin, Elisa Albert, Morgan Parker, and Bethanne Patrick. (Thursday, BookCourt, FREE)
8. Talk some jive at Shouting at the Screen, where Wyatt Cenac and Donwill screen ’70s blaxploitation movies and crack wise from the peanut gallery throughout the whole thing. (Thursday, Alamo Drafthouse, $15)
9. Queer up your sports at The Spectrum Wrestling Party, with multiple mats and matches, plus music, chandeliers, and party lights to keep it festive. Spectators welcome! (Friday, The Dreamhouse, $10 suggested)
10. Bring more kittehs into your life at the Brooklyn Cat Painting Takedown — watch artists create their cat-filled masterpieces live, then bid on your fave. Proceeds to Bushwick Street Cats and BARC. (Friday, Better Than Jam, FREE)
And one more: The 6th annual No Office Holiday Party from Brokelyn and the skint returns, with live-band karaoke, drink specials, dancing, NSFW photo booth, food from Yeah Dawg and more! (Friday, Littlefield, $5 in advance).
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!