1. Laugh away the Monday blues at the monthly No Exit: A Stand-Up Comedy Show featuring Tim Dillon (The Chris Gethard Show), Mike Recine (Comedy Central Half Hour), Sydnee Washington and more. (Monday, The Well, FREE)
2. Chortle and chuckle at Side Ponytail comedy night featuring Max and Ivan and Comedy Central’s Ryan Beck and Rae Sanni, and more. (Monday, Friends and Lovers, FREE)
3. Engage musically and politically at Sounds of Action, featuring musicians who perform originals and covers of songs that they link to political struggles they find important and are a part of. (Tuesday, Starr Bar, FREE)
4. Bring out your inner Bruce Willis at Dying Harder, where comedians will write, cast and perform their ideas for the Die Hard 4. (Tuesday, The Footlight, $5)
5. Rack your brain for answers at Know Your Sh*t Trivia for everything from Harry Potter to the Stonewall riots, along with drag shows. (Wednesday, House of Yes, FREE)
6. Freak out and geek out at Freaks & Geeks Bingo. Put a chip down when someone says “mathlete,” when someone makes a Star Wars reference, or when someone cuts class. (Wednesday, Videology, FREE)
7. Lament about how much NYC has changed at the book launch of illustrator Julia Wertz’ Tenements, Towers and Trash along with New Yorker cartoonists Liana Finck & Emily Flake. (Thursday, PowerHOUSE Arena, FREE)
8. Celebrate the queer body through performance, conversation, and joyful debauchery at Failure, featuring Fem Appeal, Maddelynn Hatter, Mini Horrorwitz and Nyx Nocturne. (Thursday, Bizarre Bar, $10)
9. Peep some photos at the opening of Land of the Free, presenting photographs by a newly immigrated Iranian US resident taken in the 90 days following the signing of the recent travel ban. (Friday, City Reliquary, $donation)
10. Get spooky with Halloween photoscapes and mystery dioramas at Halloweenland by animator and cartoonist Geoff Spear and still life photographer Gary Leib. (Friday, Quimby’s Bookstore, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!